Friday, November 11, 2011

[e] Pantheon always accepts your own "Pantheon" Shell!! :)

 Actually I'm addicted to Gnome-shell, however, I really love it on everything? No...

  Mainly, Gnome-shell have been constructed and designed as "All-in-one" single application. Is it truly the best choice? I don't think so. Although Gnome-shell could be changed dramatically with its own "extensions" written in JavaScript, I have to confirm that these ideas seemed amazing pretty good! :) But on the other hand, Because of its construction, We could never choose these components as "Modules"... :/

 Sometimes linux freaks want to run their own "favorite" desktops what had been polished, tried and maintained by themselves. Usually these amazing dekstop might be contained some "Small" and "Lightweight" stuff, something like window-managers, panels, docks, pagers, widgets and Backend Services. Yes, I also had done such desktop for many years...

  Today we could see some newer desktop environments, like Unity, Gnome-shell, Cream, But especially Gnome-shell would deny such "Modular Shell"... :S

  So I could recommend "Pantheon" shell produced by elementary development team! :) It has the truly principal that these contained stuff must be run as "Modules". Then we could choose them as you like. Today since I don't want to run Plank dock application, Tint2 task manager I'm examing...


You could see it beneath "Wingpanel" super sexy lightweight gtk3 panel. :) In this time, I made "Plank-ish" theming for tint2 as dark panel. And I was often inspired from elementary team web site, Yep, those pages seemed to be well designed and polished perfectly!! Awesome!!
Above screenshot shows 3 states of windows, Active and focued, Unfoced, and Minimized. Still I'm working in progress, Anyway I'm willing to hunt any other lightwight and cool applications more for better, quickly task managements...

  Finally, I'm a one of Linuxers "Addicted to Search". So I love "Synapse" as well!!


That's fantastic application launcher/file finder... Yeah once I put my hands on my Vaio Z's palm rest, soon HIT and HIT and HIT the key! There's few reasons to use touchpad. Synapse runs fast and always shows the answers immidiately. It must be qute faster than following classical menus to deep.. Otherwise I suppose LXPanel might provide the best classical menus on precise/oneiric environments so I love it! XFce4-Panel also could provide classical menus, but it's damned! Never be satisfied...

  Finally I hope elementary team could keep their amazing works forever. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment