Monday, October 24, 2011

[GDM 3.2] I've got a debian patches for 3.0.4...

Yeah Today I've found debian works for gdm 3.0.4...

http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/gdm3

And I also want to fix "VT7 init crash" issue...
What happened on our Ubuntu?

Today we Ubuntu users usually use tty7 for graphical display manager like gdm, lightdm, xdm and so. but on the other hand, fedora did as tty1... :S
Although gdm was designed for fedora system strongly, And now we might have to fix this routines to fit our distribution...
So this issue must cause some critical sudden crash after login into gnome-session via gdm 3.2 on every ubuntu release I suppose. In previous, gdm 2.2 and/or 2.3 series had similar issues, but in that time Ubuntu devs had applied patches and seemed to be solved...

Finally now we had experienced that issue on gdm 3.2.0 again! :/

when I saw the debian patches, this might solve gdm3 series on this issue perfectly!! :)
So today I gotta go patching with new one on my gdm 3.2 package...

Stay tuned!!

EDIT

I've added this patch to fix init tty1 crashes on oneiric/precise:
force_vt7_debian.patch

Good works! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment