Monday, September 05, 2011

[gnome-shell] WindowList extension for 3.1.90 had landed!! :)

I've been coding for a while to enable window-list extension again...

Today I've got it!!
The window-list extension were originally written by Kurt Rotmann:
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Window+List+Extension?content=143631

Then I modded it to aprove 2 features mainly:
1. that extensions didn't handle the event of "minimize/unminimize window", I solved.
2. From 3.1.4, Gnome-Shell has new extension formatting, so I had to scratch the extension.js mostly... Not it works well on 3.1.90, too!!

extension.js of mine is here:
extension.js

I relly like this extension. Yeah looks like classical gnome-panel's "task manager"... :-)

3 comments:

  1. if this works in 3.2 YOU ARE MY NEW GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to bother you, but where exactly do I put this to install it? What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dai1313. ;)

    OK... my PPA has the latest windowlist extension for 3.2.1. :)
    And here is the extension.js:
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/715972/

    it would run on both 3.2.0 and 3.2.1!!

    cheers.
    tista

    ReplyDelete